(c) 2014 Edward C. Lunnon
8 years 1 month ill …
Physical: Deuce / Mental: Adv Ed
* The Herald reports on 22 October that “A paralyzed man can walk again after revolutionary treatment hailed as a breakthrough”.
Nerve cells were transplanted from Darek Fidyaka’s nose into his severed spinal column. (in Poland). He was paralyzed from the chest down but can now walk again.
* I start taking Coconut Oil in my coffee. The oil is highly recommended for people with neurological illnesses. Let’s see what happens. I’m also now taking ten carbolev (generic tablets at least, thanks to GEMS) tablets a day. Let’s hope for good results!
* Rob Stear is laid to rest. RIP. And then Monday we hear that Richard Stretch had passed away, and last night further bad news of how The Big C has encroached into our friends and family circle. I am devastated and our prayers and thoughts are with all concerned.
* Three of our national sportsmen/woman pass away in tragic circumstances.
* Tinus Linee ex Springbok and WP rugby player and MND patient passes away in Paarl
* We attend Grey Staff Soiree now in its 26th year
* I do the zip line at Adrenalin Addo on Happy Lands farm and spend the day with the Tayler-Smiths
* David Maynier, ex pupil and now shadow minister of Defence in the SA Parliamen, came to visit and we had a beer at Something Good