Wear green or red.
Bring an apple.
Share this with your friends.
“If we’re going to bring out the best in people, we, too, need to sow seeds of encouragement.”― Joel Osteen
The right word said at the right time can inspire or encourage someone. The perfect words can provide hope or just give someone a boost when their energy is flagging.
For all walks of life, here are a few words of encouragement for the person in your life who can use it. Maybe it’s you.
1. To make the first step toward change, you must begin – To paraphrase the Lao-tzu quote: the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. To finish successfully, you have to get started. There is no time like the present.
2. Let go of the bad and focus on the good – Positive energy and a positive attitude will get you a lot further. Let go of what you can’t change and, instead, look to what you can change. Choose to dwell on things that are going well.
3. “Peace comes from within; don’t seek it without,” Buddha – This wise quote makes great advice. Material possessions, external circumstances, other people’s behavior–nothing will make you happy from the outside. Happiness starts with your own heart and soul.
4. Without the struggle, there is no strength – You can’t build strength without a little heavy lifting. Storms and tribulations will come; but you will out the other side stronger and better than ever.
5. Wake up and chase your dreams – Nothing can hold you back! You are who you want to be and you can do whatever you want to do. Make the decision to take one step toward a goal of yours today.
6. Don’t lose a diamond while chasing glitter – The biggest, brightest opportunities of life sometimes pass us by while we’re busy chasing temporary, less wonderful opportunities. The perfect job or perfect mate may take a little longer to get, but it will be well worth it.
7. Sometimes, you just need to take a deep breath and remind yourself of who you are and where you’re going – Perspective is everything. Let yourself have a break sometimes to remind yourself where you’re at–and where you’re still going.
8. Be fearlessly authentic – Don’t let anyone hold you back. Be yourself–unashamed, unafraid. There’s something beautiful in a person who can be who they are boldly and purely.
9. Happiness is the highest form of health – Add the prescription for happiness to your daily regimen. Whatever makes you happy, find a way to make it fit into your life.
10. Your value doesn’t decrease because someone else fails to see your worth – Your self-worth and value is defined by who you are as a person–your character traits, your wonderful personality, the things you are choosing to contribute to this world. It’s not based on what someone else sees or doesn’t see.
(thanks Alex Blackwell)